Monday, December 3, 2012

The beginning!


Darius Michael George was born Saturday on October 13, 2012 at 10:27 Pm. He weighed 8 lbs exactly, and was 21 inches long with a head width of 14 Inches! Yes, he had a HUGE head! And here is the story of how my son came to this world!!

My Ob doctor told me two weeks before my due date that I needed to walk 3 hours a day because I was only 1 cm dilated, and that the baby was already ready to be born, and was already almost 8 lbs.  She said if I didn't have him soon I'd need to get a C-section because he'd be too big for my body to handle at a normal birth.  So I walked, then I went to my check up a week later I was still only 1 cm. So she said I could get induced on my due date Oct 12.  So, I went in and got some stuff done and they said I had already been in labor I just didn't realize it, then they added stuff to help me dilate and induced me. The next day, I was getting checked to see how dilated I was and the nurse accidentally popped  one of my bags, then later on checked and popped my last one. So my water broke manually! It took only an hour of pushing before he was born, of course they had to cut me twice and use a vacuum to get him out. Like I said HUGE head!


                             Eyes wide open and alert, AMAZING!  

I wasn't able to go home until Monday evening, and man was I happy to go home. But let me just say, sitting on stitches, not the greatest experience!!

                                       
                                                      first night home!

So, I later find out after horrid nights of my baby sick and in tummy pain, that he didn't sit well with my breast milk. Then, that he was soy and lactose intolerant. So, my husband and I have been dealing with a very constipated colic baby. We are supposed to get this special formula that his pediatrician prescribed for him called nutramigen with LGG that WIC does not make vouchers for, but apparently they are supposed to mail them to me and it's been 3 almost 4 weeks since! My poor son is suffering because they are taking forever to send it. It went through to the main office here in CA. A little frustrating! Luckily my mother in law sent some soy formula, it's less harsh on his stomach.  When he was on the milk based formula he was vomiting, at least this one is only constipation and not vomit and constipation. I tried gentle ease before soy, but no difference. I was looking into what the LGG is, apparently it is for digestive health. This formula is not soy or milk based, and is for super colic babies. Lets hope it works, if I ever get it.



No comments:

Post a Comment